Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Guardian

We had originally gotten a call from Guardian a week after we signed the purchase agreement. However, we decided to put this off for a while since there really was no rush. We finally went last week. The sales guy was great! It turned out he had Driver's Ed. with my boyfriend in high school. He had his sales pitch down flat.

Going in, I knew I wanted a security system... Brad did not. I always had one at my parents' house and it just made me feel more secure. I won. We got the security system (hardwire install- $250 added to mortgage) and the package for $50/month. Guardian gives  3 cable prewires and one phone outlet. We added 2 additional cable jacks. We did not add the wiring to mount any flat panels because I just prefer them eye level. The whole-house vacuum and surround sound packages sounded great, but we couldn't justify the expenses.

We came home and thought the $50/month sounded high...my parents pay $20/month. We called the Guardian guy the next day and eliminated the warranty ($5/month) and two-way intercom with police, fire, etc. ($5/month). Although it's only a $10/month difference, the number just sounds better. I'm good with it... Brad, not so much. I still win.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't already, you should shop around for your homeowners' insurance. Guardian is expensive for less coverage than other insurers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just realized that this blog is from 2014!

    ReplyDelete