Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The beginning

I have been reading tons of blogs about new Ryan Homeowners. I have learned so much and I thought I would document my journey as well!

My boyfriend and I decided it was time to buy a home. After looking at many homes online, we decided we would prefer a new build and a townhome (less maintenance). We discovered Shoreview Woods right down the road from us. They had one model, the Glyndon, and it was beautiful. It had everything we wanted: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a garage, lots of windows, and a big kitchen. The location was perfect (20 minutes to local beaches) and the price was right. We priced out a new Glyndon and went home to think about it. The next day, my boyfriend lost his job. Sometimes things happen for a reason...

About a year later, we discovered Shoreview had a new model... the Calvert. It had 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a 2 car garage. There will be four houses in a row and our lot would back up to trees. The plan was so new there was not even a model yet. We were told the first buyer got $10,000 off the base price and 40% off upgrades (with use of NVR Mortgage)... what a deal! We went home that night and after talking to family decided we should go for it. Although we were not preapproved, our SR seemed very optimistic we would be. So within a couple weeks we signed the purchase agreement.


The Calvert



1 comment: