Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Drywall and our first furniture purchase!

We stopped by with my parents Sunday to see the drywall. It is all done, including our garage. This was a $2000 upgrade that we didn't select... Winning!!! It's really starting to look like a house.

Free drywall in garage and first Lagunitas in the house ☺️
Tray ceiling in Master



We also did some window shopping at Lowes the other day for appliances, blinds, a garage door opener, and lighting. We originally found these pendants on Wayfair.com for $225/each. We opted for 2 recessed cans instead of a chandelier because we didn't know exactly where our table would go. We will need an electrician to install them but I think it will be worth it.

We did find similar ones at Lowes for half the price so...



We also made our first major furniture purchase for the house on Saturday. We went to 3 furniture stores but ended up back at the first, Furniture and More. However, the sectional was about $150 over my max budget. I know it's not a lot of money compared to the cost of the sectional, but I stick to my budgets! I ended up walking away but coming back. The salesman brought the cost to within my budget which I was hoping he would... Score! We ended up with a Klaussner sectional. We added a "cuddler" on the end and a wedge instead of a corner. Can't wait until it's delivered to our NEW house in 6-8 weeks! This is the floor model:


We ended going with the same fabric as the one in the store. I just couldn't picture what any of the other 100s of fabric would look like on it.

Hopefully we will be getting a more specific closing date soon... Not "the week of May 11th." Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Love everything! Isn't it nice that they do the drywall (taping and mudding, at least) in the garage? I mean that can easily be finished! :) I am happy that ours was done that way as well. Can't wait to see the look of those pendants! They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete