Monday, May 11, 2015

5/11 Update- Delayed Settlement 😩😩😩😩

We stopped by the house yesterday and we're kind of disappointed with the progress. I didn't even take pictures! It appears they hung some light fixtures and did some trim work but nothing really new. They still haven't fixed our closet door swing direction. Everyone else's house was locked and our front door and garage were wide open. We were also the only house to not have countertops installed.

Our major disappointment is that they are delaying our settlement by one week until May 29th. This is super frustrating and annoying! We have all of our stuff in storage so now we will most likely have to pay another month. We will also be in my parents' beach house for Memorial Day weekend so that sucks too, being that they will have people coming down. We now have to adjust our work schedules and our "movers." Our PM said the electric company will not be hooking up our houses until the end of this week so that will delay our settlement. He said, "I don't control the power company." Really? Is that supposed to make us feel better? Isn't this supposed to be set up well in advance? I mean the power lines are right in our backyard! I'm not very happy with our PM. He takes a few days or more to get back to emails even though I know he gets them on his phone. I don't think it should ever take more than a day to get back to emails unless you have an emergency... At least that's how I operate.

I guess we will just wait and hear what he says in the next few days. He did say the landscaping and the countertops will be installed this week.  I guess we'll see...

2 comments:

  1. So sorry, I would feel just as frustrated and disappointed. Maintain your sanity and just focus on the beautiful house you'll have very soon. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that your settlement is getting delayed. I would be disappointed too. On the plus side if close later in May you'll have to pay less prepaid interest at settlement. I'd still be pretty frustrated though.

    ReplyDelete