Sunday, May 17, 2015

5/17- We have light!

We stopped by, as per our usual Sunday routine, and we're very happy to have electricity and counters. Hopefully everything will be done by next Friday. Our final walk through and settlement are now the same day due to the electric company's delay. 12 days until settlement! 

We celebrated today with buying a washer/dryer and refrigerator. We bought Samsung front-loaders and a Whirpool French door refrigerator. We also got 3 year protection plans on all of the appliances. I think we got pretty good deals and used a mover's coupon I bought on eBay for $4 to save over $280.
 


My parents surprised us last week with a garage door opener and the installation. I'm so lucky to have them! We really couldn't have bought our house without their help.



Here are the pictures from today. The laminate doesn't look bad so we may delay replacing for a while. 

Kitchen


Bathrooms
It's plenty of room for me (and possibly Brad) to take a bath:)
He loves to test out the toilets. 

And the shower.

Powder room still is not installed.

Love this. The outlet is installed so now we have to buy the rope lights. 

Sold sign is finally up!


Let the 12 day count begin!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the purchases. Does your electric service company offer rebates on refrigerators? When I was checking out the fridge you bought I saw a link for up to a $100 rebate for our local electric service provider.
    What laminate counter color did you guys select?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be looking into the rebate... Thanks for the heads-up! We chose "Brazilian Brown Granite." I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks.

      Delete